Sunday, December 27, 2009

1st divisie marathon: 4th place



yesterday i was then in groningenland...the place where i 1st train in ice in 2005 with egbert post... i raced the 100laps of the marathon in 1st divisie. it is good for me to prepare the 5km in EK cause most of the time i train alone so i miss to get speed from other skaters.
so 100 laps in the middle of a group is perfect for me, it give me good feeling cause it remember me inline.

so what about the race...i start easy, just enjoying to be in the middle of the pack, trying to relax my technic in the straight line and pushing my corner. somethimes i look a bit in front to see what happen so i m sure not to miss the right breakaway.
laps after laps i get more feeling in the corner, i can feel i need to put more body weight on my left leg...and push longer...
in the middle of the race...a group seems to go away so i make more speed and come back...we are about 15 skaters and it was a good move cause we lapped the pack...so i can relax again in the middle ^^ and think about technic.
after 60laps i start to get tired...not feeling so good bpm goes to 190...are stay there^^...i m alive ^^ ...but then i took more time to skate and rythm get down to 170 again which is easy for me.
10 laps to go...it is the sprint for the pack so i get ni position 10 about so i don t get suprise by some guys...and bingo...direct after this sprint 2 guys try to go away but i m just behind so ..... i want to keep the thinks compact a sprint is better for me...
few guys try again but ice is fast so not so easy to go away...
3laps to go ...i g onear place 5 ....1 lap to go i go in 2nd place...let one guy 3m in front so he don t block me but still get some draft...
300m ...it is time for me to pass ans take the lead, i try to keep the guy close so i pass him just before the corner to block the other...but he died so timing went wrong...anyway i m first in last corner...and....stupid me i go to much inside too close from the protection...and i m too carefull on this bad ice to built speed....so not enougth speed out of the corner and i can see 3 guys passing me like rockets^^....hehe damm i m 4th....

good evening anyway...perfect training and correct result.

No comments: